Sunday 10 July 2011

A trip to New Zealand Zoo with my Daughter

In last school holiday, I took my daughter Regena who is almost 6 years old to Western Springs Park where includes Auckland Zoo and spring-fed lake. She was so excited that she asked me to go there again. It was a very impressive experience, you can share the enjoyment with other families and children could learn a lot by watching different animals, their living styles, their feeding and reproduction ways.

It was April 30, the only day that didn’t rain in two week time. There was very good sunshine, in the afternoon, I decided to take her to the Zoo to visit the lovely animals there. Regena was very happy to go with me. When we got there, there were a lot of people there, most of them were families with their children. The parking place is quite full, I couldn’t find a parking place for my car, I drove around, finally, I parked my car in Western Spring College which was near the Zoo. Regena was very excited when we were on the way to the Zoo.

We bought the tickets and went into the Zoo. There were no cheap family tickets, but we could stay in it for the whole day. Regena got a Zoo map, so we followed the map, went to every animals’ area to watch them. We found Kiwi birds, tigers, giraffes, zebras, horses,  elephants, etc. Many children were shouting when they saw animals moving or reacting. When we went to a children play ground, she couldn’t wait to join children there. There were a lot of parents watching their children playing, I joined them as well. Regena enjoyed it so much that I couldn’t stop her. At the end she got tired and hungry, we left the play ground for a snack.

When we went out of the Zoo, the spring-fed lake was in front of us. Regena had her energy back again, she ran through the bank, watched the lovely ducks. We didn’t bring any food to feed the ducks. A girl gave us two slices of bread, Regena was very glad to feed the ducks. When we finished and started to go home, she asked me when was the next time we come again with a bunch of bread. I said it depends, she was a little bit sad, then I told her that we will visit the Zoo and duck lake again when we get time, she was happy again.

As far as I can say, it’s a good activity for children with their families, so the family members can be more closer to each other, and understand ecosystem better.     

No comments:

Post a Comment